Sri Sri Radha-Gopinatha - ISKCON Radhadesh - Named by Srila Prabhupada + Jagannatha, Baladeva & Subhadra - Installed by Srila Prabhupada

 

Sri Sri Radha-Gopinatha & Lalita-Vishaka Devi's


Link to transcribed letter: Vedabase.io
Jagannatha, Baladeva & Subhadra
Madan Mohan Mohini: I’m just remembering back to 1972 Amsterdam. 

Srila Prabhupada was installing Lord Jagannatha, Baladeva and Subhadra, and most devotees know the situation that was occurring at that time. There were a lot of faux pas as far as the fire yajna went. I was watching Srila Prabhupada install the Deities and I was seeing Prabhupada’s concern that the Deities be taken care of nicely, that everything be first class for the Deities, and unfortunately it wasn’t and Prabhupada became very angry. And I was watching this. There were reporters there, there were guests, there were devotees. Prabhupada was not even concerned with what they thought. He was concerned that the Deities should be taken care of properly and that everything be first class. 

So that incident along with what happened in Paris… The next year was 1973 when Radha Paris-isvara were installed. I was also there and everything was first class. The fire yajna was very nicely set up, it was very opulent, Prabhupada was very pleased with that, and just his care and concern for the Deities. These two incidents in the beginning of my Krishna consciousness were the foundation for my own Deity worship. I’ve been engaged in Deity worship for over 30 years, and just to see Srila Prabhupada personally present serving the Deities impressed upon me so much how we must always take care of the Deities under any circumstance. 

I think this is something that I can never forget. 


Please visit: ISKCON Radhadesh
Please also visit: Radhadesh Bakery & Restaurant




















Comments